Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Absence

Hello. So yeah, it's been two months since I posted last. For this, I am incredibly sorry. But it has been a hell of a two months, full of ups and downs, comings and goings. Over the next few days, I think I owe it to everyone, including myself, to talk about what I've been up to down here. Let's see. When I left off, I was just leaving for the trip Northwest. It was 10 days of tent camping and we covered a good portion of Western Australia traveling up along the coast, inland to the desert and then back down to Perth. I saw some of the most incredible things that I know I will never see again in my life and forged friendships that will last my entire life. A time of shaping, star-gazing and bus window ponderance.

While traveling along the coast, we stopped at many views that snatched the breath right out from underneath all of us. One particular place was Nature's Window. A hike along the rocky outcropping of a gorge that provided a view spanning for miles in every direction. The rocks we were walking on felt incredibly old. I mean, they were, but you could feel it. You could feel the stories cool against your palms. At one point I found myself sitting in a ledge of the gorge closing my eyes and just listening with my hands on the rocks. Before I knew it, the group was moving on and I had to sprint back up to everybody for a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing! I am so glad you are having fun, and connecting to the soil over there. It really is an phenomenal place. Cant wait till you get back though!

    ReplyDelete