Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Bed

Today, I get a new bed. A longer bed! Thank the lord jesus. No more sleeping in the fetal position or having to let my feet dangle off the end at the ankles. In other news, life is starting to move quickly. There is so much swirling around I am ready for a break. Last friday, we went on a tour of Fremantle prison (closed only in 1991). It was a bone-chilling experience at times, especially in the gallows, staring down the hangman's noose wondering what manner of napes had been cut short on its foul fibers.

I also am competing in Uni-games! It's a nation-wide sports competition that runs for about 10 days with all different sports and teams from universities all over Australia. This year it's being held in Perth at UWA (University of Western Australia) from September 27th to October 3rd. Murdoch is the defending champ for tennis so I gotta take it pretty seriously and get training. I also gotta bust out my sliding shoes because it's on none other than red clay. I am really excited at the opportunity to be able to represent the US at Uni-games as well as help defend the title for Murdoch. It should be too much fun!

Tomorrow, I embark on a 10-day backpacking trip through the Northwestern outback and I am looking forward to the break and welcoming the opportunity for time to slow down again! There has been so much on my mind lately and I need a chance to just sit back and let it all sift through my brain. To all my loved ones, acquaintances and friends back in Madison I wish you all heaps of luck moving in and starting the semester off on the right foot. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment