Friday, August 6, 2010

AFL

Going to watch some Aussie rules football today. The Brisbane Lions vs. The West Coast Eagles! It's such a strange game and I'm really interested to see how it works. That and rugby are huge over here, expanding the sports knowledge with some live action, and of course, a pint is always a welcome way to spend a saturday afternoon! Our CIEE coordinator Paul Hollick is taking us, prolly one of the coolest coordinators (aside from Chris Walker) on the planet to this day.

Woke up really missing these two parts of my life today. Loads of love to them both ;)


Also shout out to Tracie my RA who lives down the hall. She came over this morning and we sat on google maps showing each other hometown geography for like an hour. I also showed her what a real UW-Madison snowball fight looks like. She likes vegemite though, so I don't know if she can be trusted.

Vegemite is the most disgusting thing by the way. It's concentrated yeast extract... If Epicac had a spreadable option that you could put on toast, it would definitely be Vegemite. All the Aussies that I've met so far like it and I'm not sure why....

No comments:

Post a Comment